Saturday 28 March 2015

FIRST DAY AT HOME

AFTER A WHIRLWIND visit to Melbourne, the Grampians, Torquay and Anglesea I returned to two straight days of staring at the computer and writing copy for Australia Council grants for the Art Vault.  It's tiring on the brain and the eyes so yesterday, a beautiful autumn day, was perfect to start preparing to paint in oils for the first time in years.  The smells of Graeme Altmann's studio at the vault over the past weeks has set me off,  i'm off to Bunnings today to buy pure gum turps  :0)


Graeme's wonderful tree images in warm umbre tones remind me of my monoprints, similar large masses and lack of detail.  I'm getting out the oil paints and re-acquainting myself with them - and that aroma :0)    linseed oil and gum turps       mmmm  the martini of the paint world

graeme and friend anthony have a beer after the open studio afternoon, they'll be home by now



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for all comments - great to get feedback