Thursday 11 August 2022

two weeks

golly time goes fast - and i'm not even doing very much.  it's mostly cold and my shoulder is causing me to nurse my collarbone and shoulderblade, waiting to get an appointment at the orthopedic surgeon. so unpacking (yes, still unpacking) boxes of books in the garage is a one handed job, and let's face it right now is too cold out there.

I'm slowly sorting rooms, i really want to just paint walls but i'll wait till i know what's happening with my shoulder.  jenny and susan and sunny have all offered to help so a painting weekend with some good food thrown in would be good in future.


this little grey

fantail is a new

bird here, very

cute



this little

fantail is a

new bird

for me


HALLS GAP - last weekend August 5-8 was our annual weekend in the grampians at Parkview North, the terrific house we had last year.  sadly freddie got covid so the jenfreds were absent, as were Jenny K and Claire and Jules, also crook.   I don't think i was the best company, my spirits have been low with the new house, getting used to a new location, missing the old one and my health issues.  but it was lovely to just be there in that lovely place, with susan and sean and sunny and luke with etta, the little dynamo who never stops.  she's such a busy little bee always finding things to do.  the sliding wardrobe in my room became our hidey hole/cubby with much in/outing and sliding of doors :0).  she's adorable, i was saying to sunny that i haven't been able to pick her up since she's been born, first because of lockdown then my hip and shoulder ops.  sad


                     
                                        Etta knits by great aunt Jenny



I was glad to get out to visit don, i didn't drive my own car otherwise i would have stayed a night, but we all went out and had a 
'turn about the grounds' :0)







     testing out the gumboots


SEAN built a magnificent fire  we sat out till late - it maintained its structure well into the night, really warm and wonderful to gaze into






back home and down to the sea at sunrise to get some 
pics of the Salty Bitches ocean swimming group





    THIS MORNING august 11 - indian mynas in the bare tree out the back, i have a large bare tree in the front yard too, 
looking forward to seeing what they are - i think one 
may be a liquidambar






No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for all comments - great to get feedback